Saturday, May 4, 2013

Embroidery Caskets

I have always thought embroidery caskets were exquisite pieces of needlework.  The level of detail included in the embroidery work and design elements I have always found intriguing.  I never thought I would have an opportunity to learn more about their history, how to design or to find the products in today's market to recreate them.

When I found out about Thistle-Threads Cabinet of Curiousities class I will have to admit I was very hesitant to sign up for the class.  Where would I find the time? Would I actually do the work and have a finished product for all of my efforts I would be able to be proud of.  My hesitancy prevented me from signing up for the first session offered.

When an encore class was announced I decided even if I never finished the casket the amount of information I would learn throughout the process would be worth taking the class.   Now that I have signed up I realize the majority of the historical caskets have stump work included...I have never tried stump work.  So much as a I originally thought I believe I will be learning quite a bit over the upcoming months.

2 comments:

  1. LaDonna

    Looks like we will be classmates. It was your post that pushed me "over the edge". I wasn't sure I would have have the time to work on a casket, but I've heard so much about the wonderful lessons, that I decided to take the plunge and signed up yesterday. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class is wonderfully done by Tricia. I have enjoyed it so much. You will learn a great deal.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete