Monday, May 5, 2014

Time....


Amazing how fast the time is flying by.  I have worked on projects I wanted to take care when I was working.  One of the projects I have worked on was this wonderful find at an Estate Sale several weeks ago.  Actually there were several wonderful finds I believe I mentioned I lucked into the Estate Sale of a professional seamstress and walked away with buttons and fabric galore, Kenmore 1970's sewing machine with wooden case and a desk her husband converted to a sewing table. 
I absolutely love the desk!!
(please excuse my mess kinda happens when 
you are taking over a quarter of the house).

  Her husband attached probably a 1970's version of an Ott light and boy does it get hot.  To convert the desk he permanently attached the middle drawer to the desk.  He then cut the top of the desk for a sewing machine to sit in the drawer.
However what makes this the perfect sewing table is the back
when not in use can be dropped just like a drop leaf table - ingenious!
What I missed until I did get the desk home was the piece he cut to fit around
the sewing machine had the perfect touch no woman should be without -
a yardstick she can always find on the flip side the ruler begins with 1"
Primed and ready to be painted
Living Room Prior
Living Room after with everything all pulled together
My hutch holds some of my favorite things and includes photos
of my grandparents, great grandparents and great-great grandparents,
pantry boxes, vintage sewing items, antique scissors, thread spools,
antique yard stick where I will always be able of find it and
a plaque with one of my favorite Pooh sayings,

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,
keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."
One half of my new sewing room
Dining Area (before) excuse the mid transition mess
Dining Room (after)
Computer Area
Tallulah my girlie-girl seems to enjoy the area
I have several more updates - believe me I have been extremely busy 
and have made the most of my time - stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment