Sunday, June 23, 2013

No stitching going on....

Well I had the brilliant idea to try to learn to play golf - heavy emphasis on try.  The first class I took was four sessions.  During the fourth session we were at the driving range and I was actually doing pretty good.  Good as is in making contact with the ball instead of the air and managing to keep the ball aimed straight.  However, midway thru the class I felt a pull in the top area of my forearm and I thought just a tight muscle.  Well I did a couple more swings and each time my arm and elbow hurt more.  We had to stop for the instructor to show us another swing and as we were standing there I felt like I was either going to pass out or toss my cookies - neither good.  I told them I had to leave and went home with a swollen and painful arm.  I really thought I had agitated the tendinitis I had about twelve years ago.  Over the next few days my arm was not improving.  I was able to get an appointment with my husband's orthopaedic and found out I sprained my elbow - who knew??? 
my lovely splint - at least the swelling is down now......
I left with a custom made splint to wear for ten days and a strong anti- inflammatory.  I have become the queen of using my left hand and getting really fast with the hunting and pecking method of typing (my typing teacher would have a fit!)  I get to return to the doctor Tuesday and hopefully my arm is doing better by then....

I will say I have been able to organize my stitching room and organize what I need for the projects I do need to work on.  I may try to stitch with my left hand but since I usually use a stand and both hands I am afraid I will just frustrate myself instead of enjoying my needlework as I normally do.



4 comments:

  1. WOW! Are you going to continue with golf?

    I have had tennis elbow and is surely painful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely painful, but I will go back to golf - I really liked it! I will just have to take my time and see how my arm does.

      Delete
  2. Hope your elbow heals fast and you can get back to your stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am happy to report I have begun to stitch again. I really did miss my stitching time - amazing how much more relaxed I am after a little while of stitching.

      Delete