Saturday, December 8, 2012

December

I don't know about you but December is always an insanely busy time of year for me.  Today hands down was a trifecta.  First things first, my son walked in the local town parade along with the rest of the scouts in his troop.  While they walk the route they distribute (throw - they are boys) candy.
Lance, Craig and the ever important bag of candy
A couple of weeks ago my neighbor asked if I would loan them my sleigh to use as part of the girl scouts float.  I was more than happy to loan it to them.  I love to decorate especially at Christmas time.  My sleigh greets everyone outside and the rest of the year my gracious husband allows it take up a parking spot in the garage.  Anyway I was more than happy to let it have it's debut today in the parade.  I dropped off my guys and took a couple of quick photos since I was on my way to our Guild Holiday Party.  When I took the picture I didn't include the jeep that was pulling it, but it was unbelieveable his jeep was the exact same color as the sleigh.  It is hard to tell from the photo but it really isn't a red or a burgundy, but somewhere in between and for the two to be the same shade was uncanny.
My sleigh getting ready for its debut
After dropping off and playing photographer it was off to our Guild Holiday Party which I along with I am sure others look forward to every year.  It is a great morning of visiting, show and tell, needlework gift exchanges, there is an ornament exchange, door prizes, of course food a plenty and vendors that we can shop with while we are there.  Talk about a stitchers delight, Stitching - Food - Shopping - Chatting....what's not to like right???
Ellen owner of In Stiches our local store joined us and is also a member
Suffolk Shaker Shop first time they have been a vendor.  Beautiful woodwork! 
Needlework Gift Exchange
Ladies visiting in the meeting room
If that wasn't enough I hosted a 2nd Annual Cookie Exchange with some friends of mine this afternoon.  I love to decorate I think I already mentioned that....and Christmas is my favorite time of year to decorate for - so hosting a Holiday Cookie Exchange is right up my alley.
The cookies all lined up for the exchange
Last year my tree I had saw it's last Christmas.
I mentioned to my mom I needed a new one.  She found this tree for me after Christmas
and it had been majorly discounted like a steal.
Guess what was my birthday present since it is only a few weeks after Christmas.
It is about 9 1/2 feet tall and I absolutely love it.
Well here is hoping you have a whirlwind of a December, but don't let it go by so fast you forget to take the time to enjoy it and remember what the season is really all about.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful sleigh!!

    I hope your little guy enjoys scouting. My 3 sons (and DH, as an adult leader) participated. 2 of our sons earned their Eagle rank. I can't say enough good things about the scouting program (very family oriented, character building, taught them lots of life skills).

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete