Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sampler Research

I was recently asked to share information about my original samplers and the associated research for a group of ladies next month.  Now my task is to pull my raw notes and data together in presentation format. This is something I have been meaning to do, but time just gets away before you know it.  Now that I have a true deadline it will help me compile everything into nice neat notes, family trees and supporting documentation.  I am actually looking forward to it - for some reason I love deadlines.  Researching my original samplers makes them truly come alive to me.  It gives me insight into the stitcher's life and what may have been influencing her as she was stitching.  I believe that is why I love them so much they truly are a work of art and full of information if you willing to take the time to find the treasure trove.  I will share more later but for now I definitely have a task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment